Emphasis of the journal includes the following areas:
– issues of fundamental hydrophysics;
– interaction of physical fields of marine objects*, ocean and atmosphere;
– natural physical fields of the ocean, their variability and interaction with the atmosphere and the bottom;
– interaction of physical fields and aquatic ecosystems;
- methods and means for registration hydrophysical fields of ocean and marine objects;
- information technologies in problems of hydrophysics, design and operation of marine facilities;
* The marine object refers to underwater and surface ships and vehicles, engineering structures, features of the bottom and coastline, marine mammals and fish.